how do I set an activity bell ?

From: aec
Subject: how do I set an activity bell ?
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:15:36 -0500

Hello

I am new to this list and cannot find my answer in the list archive so
I thought I'd subscribe and ask directly.

I use about ten screen windows, all named, all doing various things,
one of which is the irssi irc client. My terminal is urxvt on a
Debian computer.

Irssi will beep my terminal to get my attention based on some
conditions I have set.

If however I happen to be working in another screen window, screen
will give me a visual bell instead of beeping.

this is the original line in my ~/.screenrc

activity "activity in %n (%t)"

I was told, and the manpage seems to indicate, to add a ^G to that
line:

activity "activity in %n (%t) ^G"

This still wont give me an audible bell, just flashes the visual one.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

--
Angelina Carlton