Re: Screen stops attached process in copy mode

From: Juergen Weigert
Subject: Re: Screen stops attached process in copy mode
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:37:03 +0200

On Jun 30, 06 12:10:58 +0100, Rogers Colin M wrote:
> However, if I then enter copy mode, a short while later the program stops
> execution, and only resumes when I leave copy mode. This is very irritating
> as the program is time dependent, and so stopping it running causes
> problems.

This is intended behavoiur.
In copy mode, you visit the scrollback buffer.
We stop scrolling while you are there.
The operating system does a bit of buffering, but at some point of time
it has to stall your application program to prevent data loss.
Very similar to the effect of CTRL-Z from a shell.

        cheers,
                Jw.

--
 o \  Juergen Weigert      unix-software __/ _=======.=======_