Re: screen -X

From: Pia Mikeal
Subject: Re: screen -X
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:12:57 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Trent W. Buck wrote:

In general, you are *much* better off dealing with clusters -- and even
heterogeneous networks -- using a declarative tool like puppet or
cfengine.  It costs some manhours to set up, but IME you end up with a
more robust setup than just blindly running the same command on a dozen
or a hundred hosts at once.

IMO, as a cluster admin, I need and use both types of tools at different times. So, I have been following this thread closely.

Pia Mikeal
System Administrator
Markey Center for Structural Biology
Purdue University