self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] Import errors

From: Wouter Tebbens
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] Import errors
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:47:16 +0100

addendum:

Wouter Tebbens wrote:
Thanks Nagarjuna for pointing me in the right direction!

I logged in (Testing), went to Filemanager and added a SCORM resource. That went without problems, so congrats for that.

When selecting the SCORM resource to be imported, it started showing the "busy" animation and after a while it said "Error Encountered". Checking in the Imported Materials collection it was indeed not there.
Sorry; when importing I selected the GNU/Linux collection. And looking in that collection, the object was indeed located there. So far very good. Now still there is something missing: I cannot open the SCORM object through the collection manager: it gives the missing course structure error of which I told you yesterday.

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/zope2.9/instance/plone-site/var/GB/selfplatform/gbobjects/c/o/course30/2227_CourseStructure'

And thinking about the Import procedure I have a remark about the selection of the collection where the imported object should be placed. As I see it now, the various collections that are presented in the dropdown list look similar to the ones in the Collection manager, though not following the exact same order and hierarchy. For userfriendliness sake alone I think it would be necessary to follow the same order and hierarchy. I would suggest that the dropdown reflects the top level and subcollections something like below. This is a summary from the Learning Materials report: See Deliverable D1 at http://selfproject.eu/en/project/results

And thinking of it, following that principle, I suppose it is simpler to code also. What do you think?

Once you have migrated the BETA and we can start adding collections, let me know. So we start adding the main collections there!

 SELF
 - Foundational and organisational documents
 - Users documentation
 - Publishers guidelines and recommendations
 - Developers documentation
 - Others

 Introduction to Free Software and Open Standards
 - Basic concepts and philosophy
 - History of Free Software and Open Standards
 - Free Software development models
 - Free Software and business models
 - Others

 Open Standards
 - Unformatted Text
 - Formatted Text
 - Scientific Text
 - Raster Image
 - Vector Image
 - Video Image
 - Printed-Oriented
 - Hypertext
 - Presentation
 - Audio
 - Learning Standards
 - Enterprise Standards
 Office tools
 - Office suites
 - Word processors
 - Spreadsheets
 - Presentation applications
 - Database systems
 - Graphics suites
 - Diagram tools
 - Formulas
 - Flowcharts
 - Reports
 - Others
 Communication tools
 - Suites
 - Web clients
 - Mail user agents (MUA or E-mail Clients)
 - Instant messengers and IRC clients
 - File transfer clients
 - Others
 GNU/Linux
 - Distributions and metadistributions
 - Technical concepts (subcategories are needed!!!!)
 -- Filesystem hierarchy standard
 -- Standardisation
 - User environment
 - Unix command line Programmes