self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] Re: main collections are in!

From: Nagarjuna
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] Re: main collections are in!
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:46:22 +0530

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 07:13:42PM +0100, Wouter Tebbens wrote:
> Congrats to the SELF-DEV team for their hard work! The migration is well
> underway.
>
> I just worked on adding the initial collections, at least the first 10
> top-level collections and a few subcollections. Note that the collection
> manager is not yet ready so please don't add test collections yet, as this
> one of our faces to the outer world :)
>
> http://bselfish.selfplatform.eu:8888/SELF/collectionview

We identified and corrected the bug with import.  Whenever there is
only one item in the filemanager, the selected objects' id is not
passed to the import form.  Now, Bipin/Rajiv have added a condition,
and the import is working fine now.

Can more imports be tested from the SCORM files that we have, and mind
you, while importing do select the collection name.

I am sure there will be many minor issues, and I hope not major
issues.  Please do report them.

and most important: cvs is now uptodate.

Regarding the several issues that Matias raised in his report, I do
consider all of them very useful comments. Currently uninstall logic
is not even considered for implementation, due to urgency of
delivering the platform.  We will takeup those issues after we get
more breather.

Nagarjuna