self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] HTML Export discussion...

From: Federico Heinz
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] HTML Export discussion...
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 11:06:33 -0300

On 02/05/2008, Dinesh Joshi wrote:
> After giving it some thought I think its best that we encourage the
> users to write courses in a structured language which is formatting
> free. An example would be the editors used by media wiki. Or in my
> opinion a javascript editor which can generate docbook tags would be
> even better.

And so we finally come full circle. Of course HTML and "WYSIWYG" editors are
bad news!

> What are your thoughts?

We should go with some simple markup (mediawiki is OK, reST is probably even
better, if less known, but any simple markup will do) and do away with the
WYSIWYG sillyness. Ideally, in future versions, users will just upload changes
from their favourite editor, instead of through the browser (something like the
"external editor" feature in Plone).

        Fede