self-platform-dev

Re: [teg] [Self-platform-dev] quality and rating mechanisms

From: Federico Heinz
Subject: Re: [teg] [Self-platform-dev] quality and rating mechanisms
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 01:56:28 -0500

On 13/06/2008, Bipin S Apandkar wrote:
> method to Author's Reputation = "For each Version of each LO to which
> the author has contributed, multiply its popularity by author's percentual
> contribution, and add them all together then *** divide by the highest
> absolute score achieved so far in order to get a number in the [0..1]
> interval ***
> the part of a defination enclosed in "***" is not clear to me.
> how to calculate this term "highest absolute score achieved".

The "absolute score" is the result you get if you remove the part between
"***".

The idea is that the computation described gives you a number that is
representative of the author's popularity, but is meaningless unless given a
scale. By dividing each author's absolute score by the highest absolute score
achieved in the whole system gives you an idea of how popular an author is
compared with other popular authors.

        Fede