Re: [Simulavr-devel] undefined references

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] undefined references
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 21:35:29 -0700

On Mon May 25 21:25 , 'Michael N. Moran' <address@hidden> sent:
>address@hidden wrote:
>> After doing a cvs update and another compile, make failed
>> with undefined references to StringToUnsigned{Long,LongLong,Char}...
>> and StringToLong... .
>> It appears that string2* did not make it into the make file.
>> I see that string2.cpp is mentioned in Makefile.am, but not Makefile.in .
>> Does that mean I was supposed to run bootstrap again?
>>
>> Also, in a Makefile, I noticed the following:
>> AVR_AS = avr-as
>> AVR_GCC = avr-gcc
>> AVR_GXX = avr-g++
>> AVR_LD = avr-ld
>> AVR_LIBBFD_INC = /usr/include
>> AVR_LIBBFD_LIB = /usr/lib/libbfd.a
>> AVR_LIBIBERTY_LIB = /usr/lib/libiberty.a
>> AVR_NM = avr-nm
>> AVR_TCL_INCLUDE = -I/usr/include
>> AVR_TCL_LIB = -L/usr/lib -ltcl8.5
>>
>> My avr-specific stuff is not in /usr/include or in /usr/lib .
>>
>> Does that need fixing?  If so, how?
>
>I had the same problem. I believe I did a "make distclean"
>and then "bootstrap" and then configure, make ... blah blah.
>
>Subsequently, everything worked.

Alas, I got:
address@hidden cvs0323]$ ./bootstrap
examples/Makefile.am:6: required directory examples/atmega128_timer does not
exist
configure.ac:98: required file `examples/atmega128_timer/Makefile.in' not found

Now type './configure' to configure simulavrxx.
address@hidden cvs0323]$ ./bootstrap
examples/Makefile.am:6: required directory examples/atmega128_timer does not
exist
configure.ac:98: required file `examples/atmega128_timer/Makefile.in' not found

Now type './configure' to configure simulavrxx.
address@hidden cvs0323]$ cvs co examples/atmega128_timer
cvs server: cannot find module `examples/atmega128_timer' - ignored
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden