Re: [Simulavr-devel] undefined references

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] undefined references
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 07:20:20 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
After doing a cvs update and another compile, make failed
with undefined references to StringToUnsigned{Long,LongLong,Char}...
and StringToLong... .
It appears that string2* did not make it into the make file.
I see that string2.cpp is mentioned in Makefile.am, but not Makefile.in .
Does that mean I was supposed to run bootstrap again?

As a general rule, any time a configure.ac or Makefile.am
changes in CVS, when you update you should run bootstrap.

Also, in a Makefile, I noticed the following:
AVR_AS = avr-as
AVR_GCC = avr-gcc
AVR_GXX = avr-g++
AVR_LD = avr-ld
AVR_LIBBFD_INC = /usr/include
AVR_LIBBFD_LIB = /usr/lib/libbfd.a
AVR_LIBIBERTY_LIB = /usr/lib/libiberty.a
AVR_NM = avr-nm
AVR_TCL_INCLUDE = -I/usr/include
AVR_TCL_LIB = -L/usr/lib -ltcl8.5

My avr-specific stuff is not in /usr/include or in /usr/lib .

Does that need fixing?  If so, how?

I recall we decided that the native libbfd was OK and that
you didn't have to have an AVR specific one.
--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden