sipwitch-devel

Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Any working installations?

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Any working installations?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:58:04 -0400

I had wanted to get back earlier on this but I have been sick this week.
 The reason I chose a wiki in the first place was to be able to have
other people help contribute to the existing documentation.  Much of it
is rather incomplete and some of it is now even a bit obsolete for sipwitch.

One part of the problem I am looking to solve is how to simplify server
operation.  Part of that effort is a new package called switchview,
which gives live intraspection and management control over a locally
running sipwitch instance.  This is already far along and may get
released in a few weeks and is also a foundation to help with gfc client
development.

Two other goals are a pygtk "admin" app that can offer a more friendly
way to locally manage sipwitch configs, and a complete php driven
mananagement and reference portal which could be used to create and
deploy a simple sipwitch server environment on a stand-alone server,
whether for public or private use.  However, these latter efforts are
not very far along yet, though we have provisioned a server with a
public ip address to both do portal development and demonstrate a
reference portal for sipwitch when it is usable.  I think in particular
the portal project is going to be most relevant to the needs being
discussed here, as well as the need for much clearer documentation of
course.

This weekend I think we will be putting up debian repositories for those
who may want prebuilt packages to install, as well as packaging some
tools I use in our development for more general use, so some progress is
happening to simplify things :).