sipwitch-devel

Re: [Sipwitch-devel] sipw 100% cpu

From: Robert Dyck
Subject: Re: [Sipwitch-devel] sipw 100% cpu
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:36:27 -0700

I found time to revisit sipwitch. First some comments on Paul's suggestions. I
initially did not install all the modules because I was wanting to start with
a simple system. As to specifying the configuration file, I did not find any
option where one can do that.

I have a working configuration, at least on my LAN. I can call between a
softphone ( linphone ) on the same machine as sipw and the generic SIP on a
Nexus S.

With regard to my problem, I have since found that the CPU issue only happens
when sipw is started from the init script, whether from the command line or a
system restart. If I start sipw directly it doesn't hog the CPU. It doesn't
seem to matter whether I am root or a user, background or foreground, desktop
or server.

Any suggestions?