sketch-devel

Re: undo-mechanism

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: Re: undo-mechanism
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:27:38 +0200

Hi,

"N. Volbers" <address@hidden> writes:

> There are however some cases where it would be very convenient if some
> method actually returned a certain value besides the undoinformation.
>
> With the current solution, the only way I can think of is to provide a
> new parameter, a list, to which the return value would be appended.

Another approach would be to return a tuple (result, undoinfo).  I've
used that in Skencil is few places.  It's very rare, though, in my
experience, that a method that returns undoinfo also has to return
another value.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/