sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] serving a robots.txt

From: David Shaw
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] serving a robots.txt
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:51:26 -0400

On Aug 15, 2008, at 4:44 AM, address@hidden wrote:

Hi!

E-Mail harvesting on PGP key servers can be done with such commands:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Akeyserver.fabbione.net+pks+uid

I already receive spam because i decided to upload my public key years ago. I know its the source, because the same spam message arrived on all accounts belonging to one key withing seconds.

Those results could be prevented if server administrators would place such a robots.txt file in their webroot:
Disallow: /pks/

Why would spammers even care if the robots.txt file is in place? Only people following the rules respect robots.txt. Spammers, by definition, are not following the rules.

David