sks-devel

[Sks-devel] New wiki page: Peering

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: [Sks-devel] New wiki page: Peering
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:35:15 -0800

I just wrote this:

  http://code.google.com/p/sks-keyserver/wiki/Peering

Constructive feedback welcome.

Yes, it has some bias in what it suggests you do.  It suggests what I
think is right.  Arguments about how I'm wrong are constructive.

I'm not sure that membership_reload_interval is necessary any more,
after Kim's improvements in this area.  I put it in anyway, to be safe,
but would be happy to remove it again; Kim?

*cough*  Comments about how long it took me to write anything at all,
after getting editor privilege, while wholly justified are not
constructive.  ;-)  Unless your name is Yaron.

I decided that the act of getting and installing the keydump was enough
of an issue in itself to not be part of peering.  There are good docs
out there on how to do this; I linked to:
  http://www.keysigning.org/sks/
for instructions.  In general though, I think that the wiki should aim
to be self-sufficient.  Why?  Because when I was setting up SKS it was a
pain to pick through all the dead sites, out-of-date sites and
assumptions that well-known-site X would be up with the canonical
information.  If someone is reading the wiki, then the wiki is up and
reachable, so we should make it self-contained, but link freely to the
external docs from the relevant articles.

Thoughts?

-Phil