sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] The end of an Era

From: Philihp Busby
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] The end of an Era
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 20:33:32 +0000

I heard @valodim was writing a keyserver in Rust, and has made a lot of really
great progress. His code is open source and very easy to read.

On 2019-08-12T23:34:49Z (04:34PM -0700) Skip Carter <address@hidden> sed:
On Mon, 2019-08-12 at 11:13 -0500, Daniel Roesler wrote:

There is no prominent alternative for _decentralized_ public key
sharing. Keybase is centralized, as is keys.openpgp.org. I would
argue that there must be a good decentralized alternative before
shutting down this pool.\\

I agree that it is important that there be a decentralized key sharing
service.  Given the fragility of sks and the apparent lack of
developers willing to take up the task of fixing its problems, I have
been thinking about re-implement it.  This is a spare-time effort that
has so far been confined to reverse engineering experiments and tests.
Has anybody else started down this path ?  Maybe we could collaborate
and a new sks could rise from the ashes of the old.

--
Dr Everett (Skip) Carter
address@hidden

Taygeta Scientific Inc