sks-devel

Re: number of keys reported by hockeypuck

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: number of keys reported by hockeypuck
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 23:19:41 +0100

On 10/09/2021 18:52, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> But it does not seem to enter my database. Just 30 minutes after the
> log entries I pasted, my server recovered successfully(?) 7766 items
> from the same peer.
>
> So, any pointers on how to get this to work?

I don't see any reason to believe it *isn't* working. I can see regular
successful sync with your server in the pgpkeys.eu logs.

Transient sync errors are to be expected, particularly when reconciling
against single-threaded SKS peers. Also remember that there are a
significant (if small) number of abusive keys floating around the
dataset that Hockeypuck will refuse to import.

The number of real new keys entering the synchronising network has
reduced to one every few days now that the pool DNS entries no longer
resolve. Some hockeypuck servers report a large number of updated keys
every day, but this is almost exclusively churn - I suspect it is due to
inconsistent ordering of packets between different keyservers.