Need help with festival in red hat

From: Jan Buchal
Subject: Need help with festival in red hat
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:50 2006

>>>>> "mi" == address@hidden it <address@hidden> writes:

    mi> Hello! I have to install speechd with festival on a computer
    mi> with Linux Red Hat 8. I have already installed FESTIVAL by
    mi> tarball, but it speak too fast. The exact procedure that I have
    mi> followed is
[....]

    mi> It seems that all goes well, but when I run Festival it speak
    mi> too fast, and if I use the command (Parameter.set
    mi> 'Duration_Stretch 2) the result is that pronounciation in
    mi> stretched, but still deformed.. Why? Has someone any idea ?
Do you mean too fast only or with speed is increase pitch too?

Which sound system do you use? OSS or ALSA? Which sound card? How works
flite?

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008