Punctuation Level Structure

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Punctuation Level Structure
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 13:34:43 +0100

Steve Holmes p??e v ?t 15. 02. 2007 v 14:28 -0700:
> I have a question concerning punctuation levels used in other modules
> like festival.c.  I run into what looks to me like a typedef of
> EPunctMode and conversion routines to go from this def to str and back
> again.  When I grepped for the EPunctMode2str and str2EPunctMode I had
> trouble finding their original definitions.  What can you tell me about
> this EPunctMode definition?

These are functions used not only in output modules. They are defined
in speechd/intl/fdsetconv.c,h . The variables are defined in
speechd/intl/fdset.h .

>  In my punctuation setting routine for the
> generic module, I thought of just using character strings strait across.
> I could do that probably, but am wondering about this other stuff in
> case it is necessary to conform to that other approach.

You can safely use strings in this case. UPDATE_STRING_PARAMETER
will get you a string and you need to check it against some settings
table from the configuration file and substitute some variable in the
execute string by this new value. Converting to EPunctMode in the middle
of the process would have no point.

Thank you very much & please forgive my late reply. I've had a lot of
non-programming work in the last month. I'm very happy we have found
someone who wants to help.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke