[pygtk] Pygtk does not play nicely with speech-dispatcher

From: Hemant Goyal
Subject: [pygtk] Pygtk does not play nicely with speech-dispatcher
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 01:04:52 +0530

Hi,

I was reading through the conversation and while I am no expert what I
realized was that a lot of background networking tasks are executed in
separate threads when pyGTK is used. There is a standardized method that
needs to be followed when such network processing has to be combined with UI
updating. It has been elegantly explained here :
http://aruiz.typepad.com/siliconisland/2006/04/threads_on_pygt.html

Best,
Hemant