speech dispatcher 0.6.7 fails to build with glibc 2.10

From: William Hubbs
Subject: speech dispatcher 0.6.7 fails to build with glibc 2.10
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:03:07 -0500

Hello Hynek and all,

a user of gentoo reported the following bug with speech-dispatcher:

http://bugs.gentoo.org/281130

The issue is that glibc 2.10 defines getline() differently than the
speech-dispatcher source does.

Since I am using glibc 2.9, if I apply the patch the user suggested,
which I will attach to this message, I get the following warnings:

module_main.c:106: warning: implicit declaration of function 'getline'
module_utils.c:80: warning: implicit declaration of function 'getline'

Can someone suggest a better way of fixing this so that no warnings will
be generated if the user is still running glibc 2.9?

Thanks,

William