retrieving synthesized auio data?

From: Luke Yelavich
Subject: retrieving synthesized auio data?
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 12:12:52 -0800

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 12:04:00PM PST, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> I intend to write up some roadmap/specification documentation as to what I
> would like to work on with speech-dispatcher next. I think first, we get a
> 0.6.8 release out the door, then start thinking what needs major work, to
> ensure speech-dispatcher is still usable both as a system service for those
> who want it, and for the ever changing multi-user desktop environment. One
> such idea I have, is to consider dbus as a client/server communication
> transport layer. This could even go so far as to solve the issue of using
> system level clients like BrlTTY with a system level speech-dispatcher, which
> would then communicate with a user level speech-dispatcher for example.

One final thing. Canonical will not be funding future developments of
speech-dispatcher. Any work I do on Speech-dispatcher from here on out, will be
done mostly in my own time. I may fix bugs here or there with my Canonical hat
on, but the rest will be me personally contributing to the project.

I really want to see speech-dispatcher succeed, and become the standard speech
API on linux, and perhaps other POSIX OSs like BSD etc. In order to do this, we
need to clearly document the changes we want to make going forward, so we can
keep on track to achieving that goal. Once again, if Brailcom are unable to
give speech-dispatcher the time it deserves, I am willing to lead the project
development, manage releases, and code quality as much as I can in my own time,
with Brailcom's blessing of course.

So stay tuned for futher development plans.

Luke