RFC: #2 Separating audio output system for session integration

From: Andrei Kholodnyi
Subject: RFC: #2 Separating audio output system for session integration
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:50:24 +0200

Hi Halim,

> Now we came up with the following suggestion:
> Seperate the whole audio output (sdaudio) from speech-dispatcher,
> Run the speechd again in system mode and implement a small application
> which connects to speechd gets the data for output and chooses according
> to it's running session the right audiooutput method.
> Colin called that application a speech-dispatcher-agent.

Could you please describe in more details why you might need speechd
running in the system mode?
As far as I can see most of the use cases are user specific:
- user would like to have user specific configuration
- user runs specific apps on top of speechd e.g. ORCA etc.

But for sure I'm missing something here.

Thanks,
Andrei.