OT: Broken debian package Re: I can not run orca with speech-dispatcher

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: OT: Broken debian package Re: I can not run orca with speech-dispatcher
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:51:16 +0200

Hi,
I know it should contain these lines but you can belive me the debian
package had this issue.
It took a lot of time to figure out what  went wrong with debian's libspeechd.
I have successfully build the same version on the same debian system and
that libspeechd has a libpthread reference.
I know of the problem because i helped one guy who asked what's wrong
with current speechd and sbl.
On my gentoo machine I must allways build speechd myself because there
is no 0.7 version available.

Any way, I could confirm the libspeechd problem by installing squeeze in
a kvm virtual machine.

It doesn't help to say the following lines are in Makefile.am or ...
It would be really interesting what's the problem in the debian package.
HTH.
Halim