svox pico issues

From: Andrei . Kholodnyi
Subject: svox pico issues
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:03:54 +0000

> In the interest of being cautious, because of this, I would prefer to
> use LGPL like some of our other modules.

in http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html is written:

"We avoid GPLv3 software because merely linking to it is considered by the
GPLv3 authors to create a derivative work.
We want to honor their license. Unless GPLv3 licensors relax this
interpretation of their own license regarding linking, our licensing
philosophies are fundamentally incompatible.
This is an identical issue for both GPLv2 and GPLv3."

AFAIU it is a one-way incompatibility between the Apache version 2 and GPL
v2 licenses,
ie it is not possible to link Apache sources against GPLv2.

But vise versa it is not a problem.

Bottom line, I do not see any problems with GPLv2, but have no objections
to modify it to LGPL if you have any concerns.

Andrei.