svox pico issues

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: svox pico issues
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:47:13 +0200

On 29.9.2010 20:03, Andrei.Kholodnyi at gmail.com wrote:
> i.e. it is not possible to link Apache sources against GPLv2.
> But vise versa it is not a problem.

I don't see any difference. The new work is a combination
of two works. The license for the combination must
be allowed by the licenses of the originals.

However, what you refer to as ''incompatibility'' in fact
seems to be only the Apache project strategy.

As for compatibility, they clearly state:

Apache 2 software can therefore be included in GPLv3 projects,
because the GPLv3 license accepts our software into GPLv3 works.

So if you agree, we can copyright the SVOX Pico module
as GPL v3 or any later and we are done. I think it's not necessary
here to LGPL.

Best regards,
Hynek Hanke