Is Festival 2.5 compatible with Speech Dispatcher?

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: Is Festival 2.5 compatible with Speech Dispatcher?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 23:32:41 +0200

Le 27/06/2018 ? 23:15, Samuel Thibault a ?crit?:
> I guess the modern way would be to have a autostartable service
> registered on dbus (yes, I'm being vague, I don't know the exact
> technical terms).

Well, I am not well acquainted with dbus, and this is an euphemism :(

But maybe in ~/.config/autostart/startorca.destop; instead of:
Exec=/usr/bin/orca
write:
Exec=/usr/libexec/startorca
startorca would look into /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf and
~/.config/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf, and if festival should be used
then start the festival server if festival is installed before starting
orca.