stratagus-devel

[Stratagus-devel] Stratagus / Linux feedback and help (verbose)

From: Arnaud Quette
Subject: [Stratagus-devel] Stratagus / Linux feedback and help (verbose)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:27:11 +0200

Hi fellows,

Stratagus fan since the early Ale Clone (time passes by ;-),
I've closely followed the recent news... I really like
the way Ingo and the team has made Stratagus and
the "generic engine" approach. I'm currently
running the lat

I'd now like to help a bit, moreover pushed by
the last fact that magnant demo for linux will
only be available to stratagus coders ;-)

I'm skilled in c/c++, and currently core members
or author of various GPL projects, mostly related
to UPS support (NUT, WMNut, Walnut, ...).
Linux user for more than 8 years, I'm also an
official Debian developer.

I've begun to look at the various tasks and todo
files and URLs, and thought the [ Task #2577]
(Remove Hard Coded Critter) would fits me.
Ahem, not for the moment. I need a bit more
stratagus knowledge. So, while waiting for it,
I'd like to have a look at a small, but "usefull"
unslisted task: make credits' scroll text size
and position customisable.

I've noticed this "lack" by trying the latest
stratagus/aleona CVS on my Debian Sid
(Unstable), checking the Credits menu
(text not well positioned!). BTW, the
background is still mentioning freec***t !).
We should check for an aleona's background
after ccl externalisation.

If you have any comments or ideas, please
tell me back.

Note that I'll then look for a savanah account,
when I have sufficient work and knowledge to
help.

Thank you for your excellent work and see
you soon,

Arnaud