straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] 0.22 out, straw in gnome cvs, arch trees, plans for 0.

From: Jeremy Messenger
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] 0.22 out, straw in gnome cvs, arch trees, plans for 0.23
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:30:13 -0600

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:04:22 +0200, Juri Pakaste <address@hidden> wrote:

I've released 0.22. Announcements on the home page (along with a new
screenshot as soon as the page updates, the last one is two days short
of one year old), gnome software map, freshmeat.

Thanks! I am going to update it in the FreeBSD ports tree soon. I have a question, it doesn't need pyXML anymore for real right?

Cheers,
Mezz

Straw is also in the Gnome CVS now. So if someone wants to work on it
there, you're welcome, although I'd appreciate it if you at least gave
arch a try. I'll keep the cvs mostly in sync with my main tree.

About arch, I'm not really sure what should happen now with the trees;
maybe I'll start a new one. Err. A new version? You know, thingy. Like
straw--mainline--0.23.

Plans for 0.23: per feed settings for polling freq and number of items
stored. Definitely that. Maybe look into some of that drag and drop
magic. And I'd very much like to do the read the contents of a category
from a remote OPML file thing, but we'll see. Of course, reducing memory
consumption would be good, but I dunno if I'll get around to it.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.