straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] Trouble with 0.22

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] Trouble with 0.22
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:11:55 +0200

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 20:49, Steven Garrity wrote:
> Any suggestions/help anyone can offer - I get this when I run 0.22 on
> Fedora Core 1:
>
> address@hidden bin]$ straw
> adns: /etc/resolv.conf:1: unknown configuration directive `;'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/local/bin/straw", line 35, in ?
>      s = straw.Main()
>    File "src/lib/Main.py", line 66, in __init__
>    File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 554, in __init__
>    File "src/lib/MainWindow.py", line 47, in __init__
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'pack_start'

The interesting thing here is that there's no call to pack_start on line
47. Were you running 0.21.2 or something before this, not a development
version? I think this might be something we overlooked, I remember
thinking about this at somepoint but I forgot: setup.py is probably
installing the files in a different location than Makefile used to, and
you get a version mismatch. At least that's the first thing that springs
to mind.

You should probably see where 0.22 put the files and if there's copies
in some other location that might be on Python's search path. I seem to
have an old version in /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/straw, the new
stuff is in /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/straw/ . I don't get
the problem because of the Python version change, but if you were
running Python 2.3 all the time or are still running Python 2.2, you
might be hitting something like this.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]