straw-devel

[Straw-devel] per-feed polling frequency and item storage landed

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: [Straw-devel] per-feed polling frequency and item storage landed
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:13:25 +0200

Earlier today I committed to my tree (it's the new tree,
straw--mainline--0.23) per-feed polling frequency and item storage. Plus
a few modifications to the preferences dialog.

They have not received extensive testing, so it's quite likely that bugs
linger. To answer Jan's question on IRC: no, there are no per-category
settings. It wouldn't make sense because feeds can belong to more than
one category, and besides, I think it would add too many levels of
preferences even if you implemented something as cracky as a category
selection for the setting.

I modified the preferences dialog's general tab, the old layout was
highly sucky. The strings changed at the same time. I didn't change the
"Always display new items at the" string, but I think it should be a
complete sentence too.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]