straw-devel

[Straw-devel] Re: Patch for straw

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: [Straw-devel] Re: Patch for straw
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:28:55 +1000

Lucas Nussbaum <address@hidden> writes:

<snip>

> OPML just sucks. It's terribly not defined, so every other application
> uses it differently. Straw was extremly pedantic about what it allowed.
> I changed it so that it could import all the bogus OPML files I found.

I agree.

>> > - It fixes some encoding problems.
>>
>> some? Note that getpreferredencoding is new in 2.3.
>
> At least one I ran into quite fast.
> I didn't know that getpreferredencoding was new.

I had a look at the docs because I didn't know what getpreferredencoding was.

> However, straw uses
> stuff that only works with gtk 2.4. I think we can expect gtk 2.4 users
> to have a fairly recent python too.

I presume you're talking about widget properties that exist only in new
libglade/gtk2.4? AFAIK, those have been removed. I'm still using gtk2.2 fwiw.

> Have you tried the version with "em" or "px" ? Do you know enough CSS to
> try to fix it yourself ? Or could you provide me with screenshots so
> that I could see what's wrong ?

yeah, it's fixable. I just wanna know what Juri has to say first regarding
how the article view should be stylized. If he's ok with it, then I'll fix it.

Cheers,

--
Jan Alonzo                          <address@hidden>