Re: [STUMP] [UPDATE]Re: Tag-based window management

From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Re: [STUMP] [UPDATE]Re: Tag-based window management
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:28:12 +0200

Michael Raskin <address@hidden> writes:

>>  - You use READ without *READ-EVAL* bound to NIL. READ is generally a
>>    bad idea for everything that is not a quick hack IMHO.
> Oh. You guessed. It was actually a result of cleaning up a big quick
> hack.. OK. Fixed. I now use strings.

>>  - Interned symbols are never garbage collected (unless
> Or StumpWM crashes. For me it crashes much quicker than runs out of
> memory, so I didn't pay attention. Thanks.

It does? I have actually no major problems with StumpWM at the
moment. There are a lot of patches accumulating on the mailing list,
though. I am planning to incorporate some of these patches in my
personal stumpwm branch on Github. But this will still have to wait at
least two weeks.

Julian Stecklina

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners - Ernst Jan Plugge