stumpwm-devel

[STUMP] stumpwm FreeBSD port

From: Joseph Mingrone
Subject: [STUMP] stumpwm FreeBSD port
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 10:30:35 -0400

Hi all.  It's exciting to see the recent activity.

I'd like to update the FreeBSD port* of StumpWM so lots of FreeBSD users
can easily run StumpWM.

Should I use the URL
https://github.com/sabetts/stumpwm/archive/VERSION.tar.gz in the port?

I'm guessing most of you, like me, run StumpWM straight from head of the
repository, but there are some advantages for FreeBSD users when
installing from the port.  So, these users will get the best experience
when improvements are incorporated into new version tarballs.  Since the
code from head of the repository is typically quite stable, would more
frequent releases (maybe every quarter) be possible?

Thanks,

Joseph

* In case you're not familiar, FreeBSD ports automate the installation
of third party software.  A user does something like

cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/stumpwm && make install clean

and the tarball is downloaded, compiled and installed.