stumpwm-devel

Re: [STUMP] stumpwm FreeBSD port

From: Joseph Mingrone
Subject: Re: [STUMP] stumpwm FreeBSD port
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:51:21 -0400

Hi Dave and Evan,

David Bjergaard <address@hidden> writes:

>> Since the code from head of the repository is typically quite stable,
>> would more frequent releases (maybe every quarter) be possible?

> I don't know how much sense this makes.  I have no way of guaranteeing
> that the development will operate at a pace which would justify releases
> every quarter.  Right now I come up with a set of milestone
> features/bugfixes and when those all get closed in github, I issue a
> pre-release.  Then after a week or two of testing I make the official
> release.

That sounds good.  I just bring it up because I saw the dozens of
commits since 0.9.7 that the port users were missing out on.  Maybe this
is a moot point now that the pace of development is increasing.

> I'm not familiar with FreeBSD, but I am curious how dependencies are
> handled... They must be defined in a Makefile?

Right.  Here's a snippet.

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MSBCL}
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-lisp=sbcl
BUILD_DEPENDS+= sbcl:${PORTSDIR}/lang/sbcl
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-lisp=clisp
BUILD_DEPENDS+= clisp:${PORTSDIR}/lang/clisp
.endif

> Thanks again for reaching out!

Thanks for all the hard work.

Joseph