stumpwm-devel

Re: [STUMP] Windows key prefix key oddity

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Windows key prefix key oddity
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:55:02 +0400

>> Here is what I put in .xsession:
>>
>> xmodmap -e "keycode 133 = grave"
>> xmodmap -e "keycode 75 = grave"
>Again, xmodmap just reshuffles what codes are sent, you can think of it
>(as far as stumpwm is concerned) as physically re-wiring the keyboard.
>If F9 sends a 'grave' keycode, stumpwm will think you pressed the prefix
>key (as you instructed it to :))

If sanity is worth nothing to someone, mapping F9 to backtick _after_
StumpWM is loaded could work. StumpWM seems to grab a set of keycodes,
so if they are rewired after StumpWM has found out what the mapping is,
you can enter the grave character withut StumpWM minding.

Alternatively, you could remap the grave key to something really weird
and make this weird thing a prefix, then remap F9 to be grave character.
This is a saner way.