Re: soc idea: Embed CLISP

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: soc idea: Embed CLISP
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:19:15 -0500

Hi Ralf,

> * Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> [2009-01-25 10:47:41 +0100]:
> * Sam Steingold wrote on Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 06:18:16AM CET:
>> >
>> > Thanks, but I'm not sure what to do.
>> > Could you mentor someone who wanted to add clisp to vim (or whatver)?
>> > And plus, it would be desirable for the vim (or whatever) people to
>> > actually want the feature :).
>>
>> indeed this would require benevolent cooperation from
>> vim/gnumeric/whatever.
>> I see no reason not to expect it.
>> vim, for one, embeds perl, python, ruby (and I think something else
>> too), so I think they will welcome this addition.
>
> Please talk to them _before_ the SoC application.

this is not a vim-specific project.
part of the project is to select the target application and negotiate
the upstream patch acceptance before the project starts.

> It would not be good show if, say, Vim submitted an application for
> adding CLISP support and both parties not knowing about each other.
unlikely.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid)
http://mideasttruth.com http://truepeace.org http://jihadwatch.org