Introduction and a question

From: Peter Deadman
Subject: Introduction and a question
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 11:31:55 -0700 (MST)

Hello

This is Peter Deadman at the University of Arizona. We are finally
getting up to speed with the installation of SWARM. The Advanced Resource
Technology Lab, in the School of Renewable Natural Resources, here at the
U of A is currently interested in using SWARM in common pool resource
institutional analysis. In particular, we hope to use swarm to model
groundwater management institutions in the southwest.

We would be interested in hearing more from Benedikt Stefansson and Paolo
Patelli, or others, on the possibility of implementing a classifier system
within SWARM. We are still getting up to speed here, But I hope to have
more time in the summer to spend with SWARM.

I have encountered a problem while trying to install SWARM. All the
prerequisite libraries and SWARM itself appear to be installed correctly,
but when I attempt to run Heatbugs I get the error message:

make: Fatal error in reader: ../swarm/Makefile.appl, line 12: Unexpected end of
line seen

Line 12 in Makefile.appl is:

vpath lib%.a $(LIBDIR)

What Have I done wrong?