Re: Linux for Mac available real-soon-now

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: Linux for Mac available real-soon-now
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 19:36:50 MDT

>Just wanted to point out to Swarm enthusiasts with Macs or those
>who would like to be working on a Mac, that the first release of
>Linux for the PowerMac (although supposedly 'not for the faint
>hearted') is now available and an industry strength release is
>promised for September.

Thanks for the note. There's also a decent Unix for Macs called..
MachTen, I think. Swarm runs under the 68k version of that Unix. I
don't have much hope for working on any PowerPC machine, though: same
problem that affects AIX systems with Objective C. I keep hoping
someone at FSF will fix this :-(