Other Swarm packages, troubles

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Other Swarm packages, troubles
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 19:29:37 MDT

I'm back now from Japan, had a great time. I'm glad to see that things
are going here reasonably smoothly, at least no catastrophic problems
with the release.

A lot of people are having trouble with the various other software
packages Swarm uses, though. Swarm itself seems to give people only a
little trouble, but installing tk, BLT, libtclobjc, etc seems to be
hard for folks.

Is there anything we can do to make this better? On one hand I'm
tempted to say it's not our problem, that this is just part of the
standard problems with Unix systems. But in that folks are having
unpleasant experiences with Swarm because installing all the
libriaries we use is hard, I'd like to make it easier.