Re: GUISwarm (3)

From: Stuart Lowry
Subject: Re: GUISwarm (3)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 11:11:12 -0400 (EDT)

  > What type of worldSize-specific things are being done?  Are you
  > still using diffuse2d and heatspace?
  >
  > glen

no, & no.  I do use 4 Spaces each of which is 200x200.  I derive
the spaces from Discrete2d.

  > How much physical memory you have might also
  > be of importance.
I am on a fast sparc 5 with about 65M of mem.
  > How different is your simulation from Heatbugs, and how much slower does
  > it run the same number of time steps?
  > sven
not too much different except I have 4 subswarms & 4 spaces:

on to another question:
I have a base class (bug) and a class that inherits the base (heatbug)
bug has a data element "Name" that I would like to monitor with a
probe on the heatbug.  I only seem to be able to view the elements in the
probe that are in that instances class.  I am using the button callback
create probe message as implemented in the heatbug example.

 I tried to do this but no luck:

in heatbug createBegin:
 [probeMap addProbe: [probeLibrary getProbeForVariable: "Name"
                   inClass: [super class]]];
                                                         ^^^^^

I also tried to overide Object2d.makeProbeAtX:
 [probeDisplayManager createProbeDisplayFor: [super obj]];

thanks (I'll try to keep silent for a little while)

Stuart Lowry                                       address@hidden
Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC)           (301)261-8424 (voc)
200 Harry S Truman Parkway #400                           (301)261-8427 (fax)
Annapolis, MD 21401                       http://kestrel.c3i.saic.com/~slowry