Re: Counting agents

From: Doug Donalson;
Subject: Re: Counting agents
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 13:36:52 -0700 (PDT)

Are there three types ie A, B, and C or three variables X, Y, and Z
that each can take on a lot of values each?  If the total possible
number of agent types is reasonably small then you can just make
a "stats" object that has an "increment", "decrement", and "print"
and each time an agent changes type it executes an decrement followed
by an increment.  The prints can be put into an action group or
a single print that contains all the type variables.

If there are a large number of agent type possibilities, make
a list ordered on Type1, Type2, Type3, and just print the whole thing.

Just a couple of possibilities while I wait for a 2 hour run of my
SWARM model to complete...

Good Luck,

   Doug

* Doug Donalson                          * Office: (805) 893-2962         *
* Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology * Home:   (805) 961-4447         *
* UC Santa Barbara                       * email address@hidden
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106                *                                *
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that             *
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but        *
*   "That's funny ...?"                                                   *
*       Isaac Asimov                                                      *