Re: Drop related problems (SimpleExperBug and Map)

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: Drop related problems (SimpleExperBug and Map)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 00:20:19 +0200

Roger,

Thanks for the response. Let me just see if I got your clarification on
the drop-key-issue right.

Rewinding to my previous message, my concern was to have a map
that I could reuse, where I don't want to drop the objects pointed
to by the map, but I'd like to erase the map and drop the keys
from the previous iteration before using the map again.

To erase both objects and keys from a map, and drop the keys
I would thus do something along these lines:

     anIndex=[theCollection begin:[self getZone]];

     while((aMember=[anIndex next]))
           [[anIndex getKey] drop];
     [anIndex drop];

     [theCollection removeAll];

Does that seem right? Note that I do the removeAll call outside
the loop and after the index has been dropped so as not to confuse
the index while it is attraversing the collection.

Regards,
-Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stefansson               address@hidden

Center for Computable Economics   Tel. (310) 825-1777
Department of Economics, UCLA     Fax. (310) 825-9528
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1477        http://cce.sscnet.ucla.edu

Laboratorio di Economia           Tel. (0461) 882246
Dip. di Economia, U. di Trento    Fax. (0461) 882222
38100, Trento, Italy              http://www-ceel.gelso.unitn.it