Do you think this would work? Gnu-win a static swarm!

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Do you think this would work? Gnu-win a static swarm!
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 00:20:03 -0500 ()

I was just browsing the linux newsgroups and the attached memo should
appear.  Here's a thought. Compile swarm with the --static option.  The
FAQ says it should put everything in a single executable.  THen
torture the damn thing with this GNU-Win32 software.  Then you could
take SWARM on the road and run it on somebody's win95 or NT station, as
a demo.

I know you guys will have lots of reasons why this would never work.
But I don't learn unless I ask questions.

------------------------

Porting Tool: GNU-WIN32 Version 18.0 B from Linux to Windows 95/NT

GNU-WIN32 is a porting Tool for porting applications from Linux to
Windows NT and Windows 95. Porting applications from Linux to Windows
NT/95 is now even more easy. Use gnu-win32 as listed below to compile
the Linux applications written in GNU gcc/g++, TCL/TK under
Windows 95/NT.
This makes Linux even more better as development platform. You write
applications under linux and port it very easily, WITHOUT changing a
single line of code to Windows NT/Windows 95. This way, Linux
applications have much larger user base in Windows NT and Windows 95.
It is very safe and best if you always develop applications in Linux
and it is guaranteed to work on Windows NT/95!!

        Title : GNU-WIN32
        Version : 18.1 B
        http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32

Go to this page and download the self-extracting executable by name -
        cdk.exe
You do not need to get anything else other than cdk.exe, if you are
doing porting only.

If you are a hacker and want to contribute to gnu-win32 project than
get cdk-src.tar.gz file.

Paul E. Johnson                           address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science                Office: (913) 864-9086
University of Kansas                      FAX: (913) 864-5700
Lawrence, Kansas 66045                    Home: (913) 842-9916