installation help

From: Matt M. Burke
Subject: installation help
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:25:53 -0400 (EDT)

I'm trying to get started using Swarm and am having some difficulty.
I have some degree of familiarity with Tcl/Tk, Objective C, etc. but
right now I am looking for a clue on what to start looking into.

First, here is the output from 'uname -a', 'make -v' and 'gcc -v' which
should give sufficient info on the system I'm using:

SunOS atlantis 5.5.1 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5

GNU Make version 3.74, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.

Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.4/2.7.2/specs
gcc version 2.7.2

Now, I grabbed the solaris binary distribution from the swarm web site,
made sure that the Makefiles were set right and it compiled like a charm.
I then downloaded the swarmapps and compiled heatbugs.  It compiled
fine.

However,....

When I attempt to run it, I get approx. 2000 lines of errors on stdout
and I get three itsy-bitsy windows with nothing in them.  When I resize them
so I can read their title bars, I find them labeled as follows:
HeatbugModelSwarm, Swarm, and HeatbugObserverSwarm.  Which is what I suppose
they should be.

I won't reproduce all the errors I get, but I've included the first few
lines below:

(Tcl -eval:) font "-dt-interface user-medium-r-normal-xxs*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
doesn't exist
    (database entry for "font" in widget ".w22dfc8.w233fe8.w234330")
    invoked from within
"button .w22dfc8.w233fe8.w234330"
while evaluating: button .w22dfc8.w233fe8.w234330
(Tcl -eval:) invalid command name ".w22dfc8.w233fe8.w234330"
    while executing
"unknown_pre_tclObjc $name $args"
    invoked from within
"if {[llength [info procs unknown_pre_tclObjc]]} {
       unknown_pre_tclObjc $name $args
     } else {
       error "in unknown: invalid command name: ..."
    invoked from within

....and on and on like this for another approx. 1700 lines.

Right now I don't have any idea where to even begin looking for fixes.
If you've got a notion, please email it to <address@hidden>

Thanks,

Matt