Re: Success in an SGI Origin 200 running IRIX6.4

From: Gerardo Malazdrewicz
Subject: Re: Success in an SGI Origin 200 running IRIX6.4
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 17:29:20 +0300 (GMT)

>  >    I could put a binary package available by ftp, if that helps.
>  >    Thanks for your work in Swarm!
>
> That would help very much!!
>
> That sounds like part of what we saw when trying to install gcc
> at jwac, that debugging wasn't supported.  But, besides that,
> the C and C++ still worked but the ObjC did not.  I take it you
> didn't do anything special to get ObjC to work?

That's right. ObjC worked from beginning

> A binary for gcc and Swarm would be great!  All you need to do
> is run make in the Swarm directory as follows:
>
>    make LDCONFIG=bin
>
> That is, assuming you've got your Makefile.conf set up so that
> a make in the Swarm directory is done with a simple "make" and
> not a "make SETUP=xyz".  If you have a macro like that defined,
> then just do a "make SETUP=xyz LDCONFIG=bin".

Sorry, I am lost here.
What I can do is make a tar.gz of compiled gcc with the gcc-lib dir and other
stuff, if necessary. I think I compiled it with gas, but I'm not sure. Tomorrow
will confirm this.
What do you think? Will the package need something else?

Cheers,
        Gerardo