Re: Success in an SGI Origin 200 running IRIX6.4 and bug in libtclobjc

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: Success in an SGI Origin 200 running IRIX6.4 and bug in libtclobjc
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:23:54 -0600

Gerardo Malazdrewicz writes:
 >      I used old_ld for compiling gcc, because was claimed ld should have
 > problems to manage symbol information generated from gcc -g (or something
 > like that, this is from memory).
 >      I saw recently similar advice for compile gcc, using ld and modifying
 > speces file.
 >      I could put a binary package available by ftp, if that helps.
 >      Thanks for your work in Swarm!

That would help very much!!

That sounds like part of what we saw when trying to install gcc
at jwac, that debugging wasn't supported.  But, besides that,
the C and C++ still worked but the ObjC did not.  I take it you
didn't do anything special to get ObjC to work?

A binary for gcc and Swarm would be great!  All you need to do
is run make in the Swarm directory as follows:

   make LDCONFIG=bin

That is, assuming you've got your Makefile.conf set up so that
a make in the Swarm directory is done with a simple "make" and
not a "make SETUP=xyz".  If you have a macro like that defined,
then just do a "make SETUP=xyz LDCONFIG=bin".

Thanks!
glen
--
{glen e. p. ropella <address@hidden> |  Send lawyers, guns, and money!  }
{Hive Drone, SFI Swarm Project         |            Hail Eris!            }