gcc complier cranky? help!

From: Nasty Ace
Subject: gcc complier cranky? help!
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 19:25:03 -0400 (EDT)

hi!

i'm using the gcc compiler in redhat linux for objective-c.

now the problem is that the compiler seems to be temperamental.  has
anyone else faced this problem before?

when compiling a program, i will run into an error which halts the
compilation.

but if i simply try again, after a random number of tries, it works.
and all this without me having to change the program at all.

and in running the executable (when it compiles) that is returned, the
program gets segmentation faults in different points of executions
which change from execution to execution.

this is very frustrating, and makes debugging a totally wild
experience.

anyone else faced this problem before?  or knows why this might be so?

| casey tan                                                                  |
| e-mail        : address@hidden                                     |
| telephone     : (215) 387-3492                                             |
| snail mail    : 20 South 39th Street, Apt N4, Philadelphia, PA 19104       |
| url           : http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~tankh                           |

        "Colour me any colour.
         Speak to me in tongues and share.
         Tell me how you'd love to hate me.