site search engine

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: site search engine
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 97 10:43:20 EDT

Hi, Glen, et al,

    How did you acquire your site search engine?  Is it available for
Unix platforms?  I need it both for a new department site I'm plotting,
and for an undergrad who's been given a hellish task--catalog all known
non-ribosomal amphibian gene sequences, with the number of known base
pairs, by species.  (No, GenBank does not provide that query. :)  There
are about 6,000 files for him to catalog, once he get's em, one by one...
I'm hoping he could at least have the satisfaction, once the nasty deed
is done, of providing a database that's extensible and worthy of use
(by whatever community of amphibian gene jockeys is out there...) rather
than a paper report.

Any advice appreciated,
            Ginger Booth, Center for Computational Ecology
                Yale Institute for Biospheric Studies