Eleven more Heatbugs questions...

From: bleydorf
Subject: Eleven more Heatbugs questions...
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 13:30:53 -0400

Hi,
Still jugging away with this Heatbug code:

In heatbug.m:

1) Are "world" and "heat" objects?

2) What does this line do:
[heat findExtremeType: (heatHere <idealTemperature) ? hot : cold X:
&newX Y: &newY];
Mostly, I'm interested in what the part "(heatHeare....? hot : cold
X:..." does and how to interpete it.

3) Is uniformDblRand a type or class?

4) (silly question) When in a method call like: "-setOutputHeat:
(HeatValue) o {...", does (HeatValue) cast the "o" or is it a impromtu
declaration of a local type?

5) I'm still a little confused about the "Bug" and "aBug" in graphBug:?

In heatbug.h:

6) What does "Grid2d * world;" do?  Does it create a object "world"?
What is the "*" do?  Is it used to declare objects?

7) What "type" is Color?  A object or a varible?

In HeatbugModelSwarm.m:

8) Is "obj" a swarm or just an object?  And when you "obj->foo=1;" does
that set foo in the "obj" to 1...probably dumb question.  Does it matter
what foo is as far as public, private, or protected?

9) Is "message:" a method or a label?

10) In this line:
"[modelSchedule at: 0 createAction: modelActions];"
What is modelScedule?  Is the message/method "at:createAction:"?

In HeatbugObserverSwarm.m:

11) In this line:
"[worldRaster setButton: ButtonRight Client: heatbugDisplay Message:
M(makeProbeAtX:Y:)];"
What are the types? objects? methods?  Why is Message: start with a
(cap) "M"?  Everyother time I see message: its lowercase?

Thanks again for all your help, I present this application tommorrow...

Brad.