Swarm on IBM AIX

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Swarm on IBM AIX
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 13:11:34 -0600

Rob Kewley writes:
 > I am trying to run swarm in IBM AIX version 4 here at RPI.  I have
 > installed and compiled successfully all of the swarm libraries (1.0.2)
 > from source code.  I also successfully  compiled all of the objects in
 > my application.  However, linking is unsuccessful.

I'll start this off by saying that we are unable to support AIX in
any official capacity, since a) we don't have a machine to test it
on and b) last we heard there were problems with the GCC/ObjC runtime
that were addressed with a fix but untested.

 > successfully on Sun and Linux.  Are there any IBM AIX users out there
 > who can shed some light on this?

To the best of my knowledge, nobody is using Swarm on an AIX.  So,
if there is anybody out there, let me know.  And according to:

http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/archive/list-archive.9609/0005.html

it would be nice if the objc-torture package were run on it, as well.

glen
--
{glen e. p. ropella <address@hidden> |  Send lawyers, guns, and money!  }
{Hive Drone, SFI Swarm Project         |            Hail Eris!            }